Aqua Consultants are looking for a Water Distribution Network lead to initiate and manage a national team to provide strategic advice and assistance to clients in connection with their water infrastructure programmes.
The position will be based at one of Aqua Consultants main strategic Offices in either Bradford or Exeter.
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
- Attained or working towards incorporated or Chartered status
- Experience of water network engineering including the design and specification of pumped systems pressure management and leakage monitoring, maintenance and rehabilitation practice.
- Understanding of hydraulics and network modelling practice.
- Understanding of network-related water quality issues – from treatment works to tap.
- Experience in the UK Water Industry
- Knowledge of industry standard water networks design
- Forward thinking and innovative; awareness of emerging technologies and operational practices
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects including the use of web based technology for sharing on screen information
- Competence in the use of AutoCad and an understanding of Hydraulic modelling systems
- Sound commercial understanding
- Understanding of UK regulatory framework.
- Team builder, developing the technical excellence of our team.
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Project Management experience.
- Driving licence highly desirable
- Site experience
- Lead the technical design of water infrastructure projects and ensure delivery of high quality water infrastructure civil designs
- Be responsible for the technical investigation of problem areas within Distribution relating to Trunk Mains, Distribution Mains, Pressure Managed systems and Pumping Stations to develop appropriate solutions improving current and future performance.
- Provide expert support to planned and reactive interventions on the water network to ensure the risk of failure and customer impact is minimised.
- Liaison with Clients’ scientific staff to understand and mitigate network water quality issues.
- Provide local expert support to clients, development of capital solutions to achieve future business targets working closely with the Local Asset Management and Capital functions.
- Analyse incidents within the system and provide technical input into reporting and preventing of further events.
- Specification of all Network Modelling activities, utilising either in house or external modelling specialistsas required to support daily operation.
- Evaluation of modelling results.
- Provide expert support and guidance on the hydraulic analysis of the Trunk Mains and Distribution system.
- Undertake hydraulic designs of water networks using appropriate software and maintain high levels of awareness and application of developments in software packages
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Prepare financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of staff
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Co-ordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
- Manage projects ensuring delivery to time, quality and budget
- Work collaboratively with other project team members
- Checking the outputs and quality of work completed by others
In return we offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and much more.