Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
The role will be based in Aqua Consultants’ Offices, supporting quantity surveyors in the delivery of key frameworks and key projects. It will involve liaising with both clients and contractors on a daily basis, to enable effective management of the projects.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Responsible for projects from inception to completion
- Be the focal point of contact for the client and inspire confidence for with clients.
- Progression to Senior QS level.
- Estimating and cost planning
- Procurement advice
- Tender documentation completion
- Contract administration and cost control
- Final account preparation
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits
- Hold a professional membership with RICS.
- Client facing and confident in leading meetings.
- Managing and take lead on multiple projects for their clients
- Manage infrastructure projects ideally using the NEC form of contract.
- The Intermediate QS will be expected to be a self-starter in relation to day-to-day tasks, however there is no authority to agree or otherwise progress any compensation events or other commercially driven decisions without the approval and support of their line manager/direct line report.
- It is envisaged that those engaged as Intermediate QS will be expected to delegate elements of their role, however, to ensure a supportive and collaborative working environment the necessary support will be given if at any point the candidate is given larger volumes of work beyond what is reasonable (either by the Client or wider team).
- It is expected that the candidate will liaise with Clients and Contractors on a daily basis to ensure the timely communication and collation of information.
- Where appropriate, the need may arise to interface with third party stakeholders; in which case it should be remembered that the Candidate is an ambassador for the Aqua brand and shall be professional in all conduct.
- Regular contact with all internal staff is expected with a focus on open communication.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of junior members of the team.