Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer
We are currently seeking to recruit for a Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer to join us here at Aqua Consultants.
JOB TITLE: Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer
REPORTING TO: Technical Director MEICA
What we do:
Aqua Consultants are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
Who we are:
Aqua is established on a solid foundation of diversity – diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies our team and enables us to offer holistic and innovative solutions to our clients most pressing needs.
The ‘Aqua’ culture is a set of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours that creates a family-like environment within our workplace, something we call the ‘Aqua Family.’
We are an ambitious team who live our values of Growth, Accountability, Integrity Innovation, Empathy and Fun.
Our Vision – Growth through SHARED CAPABILITY
Our Mission – Growing sustainable value for future generations
Preferred Midlands and North England. Remote working with frequent office and client sites visits.
Permanent, full time.
What this role requires:
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes and the equipment/system requirements.
- Ability to generate innovative and/or technically differentiated solutions to problems, to deliver added value for clients.
- Experience and expertise in the production of hydraulic calculations including but not limited to pipelines, pump duties, screens installations.
- Ability to manage a CAD resource to produce engineering drawings.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values, and culture.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Office) 365 package.
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc, or equivalent in a mechanical discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or ready and able to progress to Chartered status would be an advantage.
- Driving licence.
The engineering services we offer to our clients require us to be able to deliver in an agile way. The following are therefore examples of the type of skills and qualities we need you to have or be working towards:
- Recognition that satisfying the customer is the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefits from our processes, whether end-users or other departments within the company.
- Ability to work remotely whilst successfully achieving deliverable-based outcomes through a virtual team.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence.
- Encouraging and motivating those around you to work to your own high standards of quality and compliance.
- Being driven to stretch yourself and work outside of your comfort zone when the need arises with a “can do” attitude, willingness to work through problems and make decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required.
Examples of work types
- Site surveys and assessments of the capacity of the plant to meet future demands.
- Feasibility, outline, and detailed mechanical design, including P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications and carbon calculations.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with clients within the UK.
- Production of general arrangement drawings and detail mechanical design drawings.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory, and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Participation in Hazard Studies including HAZOP, Access, Lifting and Maintenance.
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond.
- Check and review calculations and reports prepared by others.
- Considering CAPEX and OPEX implications of design decisions at all stages of a project.
- Undertaking Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Undertaking Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessments.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4x annual salary
- Electric car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Refer a friend scheme