22 Oct We’re Hiring a Senior MEICA Engineer
Aqua Consultants are looking for a Senior MEICA Engineer to join our national Engineering team to provide strategic advice, designs and assistance to clients in connection with their water and wastewater delivery programmes.
The position will be based at one of Aqua Consultants main strategic Offices in either Bradford or Exeter.
The role will involve feasibility evaluation/assessment for projects, concept development and design of technical solutions for water and / or waste water treatment facilities. This will encompass, technical input to projects from feasibility, through to detailed design, construction, testing, commissioning, optimisation and handover.
- Honours Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Attained or working towards incorporated or Chartered status
- Experience in the UK Water Industry, water, wastewater treatment works, distribution networks and wastewater storage and pumping systems.
- Experienced in designing (and/or working with) Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, control philosophies, Functional Design Specifications, MEICA schedules, Single Line Diagrams, Civil/Mechanical drawings, MCC layouts, hydraulic calculations, commissioning plans
- Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
- Experience of implementing CDM regulations in the design process
- Experience of working closely with supply chain in delivering projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Treatment Process understanding
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects including the use of web based technology for sharing on screen information
- Sound commercial understanding
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Project Management experience.
- Driving licence highly desirable
- Site experience
- Lead the technical design of water and wastewater MEICA projects and ensure delivery of high quality MEICA designs.
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Prepare financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of staff
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Co-ordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
- Manage projects ensuring delivery to time, quality and budget
- Work collaboratively with other project team members
- Checking the outputs and quality of work completed by others
- Contribute to the early development of commissioning plans
- Determine the appropriate solution (and costing, liaising with commercial) providing input to relevant papers and governance forums
- Approve designs (from internal or external designers)
- Support the Project Team to define the right contractual outputs to ensure a successful delivery
- Ensure that data is collected and validated to define the problem
- High level appraisal and feasibility of conceptual designs to create innovative and efficient TOTEX solutions which resolve the business problem (liaising with appropriate internal and external experts, ensuring design standards and assurance processes are followed)
- Undertake early pro-active risk management and ensuring risk registers are owned and maintained throughout the design feasibility and design process’
- Ensure the delivery of appropriate designs and specifications to document the solution for subsequent delivery
- Ensuring that third party designs are constructively reviewed and validated to meet the requirements of the solution
- Ensuring that appropriate support is provided to the programme team so that the solution is delivered (and commissioned) to the agreed, contracted design specification
In return we offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and much more.