22 Oct We’re Hiring a Senior Project Manager/Contracts Manager
Aqua Consultants are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team in either Bradford or Exeter. The Senior Project Manager will have the opportunity to become an integral member of the team influencing day to day decision making alongside business strategy, working with some of their major clients in the water industry.
The Senior Project Manager will have previous experience of management of complex programmes of work, knowledge of a range of contract forms and options under New Engineering Contracts, maintenance of risk registers, commercial models, managing politically sensitive issues, negotiation of complex and high value arrangements.
The Senior Project Manager will have client facing experience with a background in consultancy or contracting. You will lead multi-disciplinary teams and will be accountable for robust arrangements being in place to meet the client requirements. You will have responsibility for engagement with senior leaders and technical experts to deliver project needs and develop the framework arrangements to meet this. You will drive excellent standards and performance in health, safety and welfare.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Experience of project planning, establishing clear direction and implementing plans to deliver.
- Experience and working knowledge of NEC contract forms (ECC, ECSC, PSC, PSSC, TSC) and options (A – G).
- Experience of risk management.
- Experience of contract management.
- Experience of coaching and influencing others.
- Experience of programme management.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of assurance and audit processes.
- Ability to communicate and engage people at all levels.
- The following skills / qualifications are desirable for the role:
- Understanding of the regulatory framework of the water industry
- Engineering qualification and/or professional chartership.
- APM accredited.
- Previous experience in an operational leadership role in a commercially orientated and / or regulated environment.
- Previous experience gained within the water or wastewater sectors or within the broader utilities, process or manufacturing industry sectors.
In return we offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and much more.