28 Aug We’re Hiring!
Are you a CAD Engineer with utility experience, preferably in the water sector looking for the next opportunity?
This role reports directly into the Senior Engineer and responsibilities will include:
- Produce civil,mechanical and electrical design layouts and general site layout drawings which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and can be constructed and commissioned effectively,
- Have an understanding of relevant codes, standards and practices relating to design and drawings,
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible,
- Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
- Work to Company procedures and processes and promote development of the department,
- Assist in developing local procedures and processes,
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines, internal and external to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole,
- Maintain sufficient files and records throughout the duration of contracts, following appropriate approvals and configuration controls in accordance with our Quality Management Procedure,
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives,
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities,
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues,
- Positively representing the company when working with clients or working at client sites/ offices.
You will hold the following:
- Experience of using Auto CAD for 2D design work as a minimum
- Experience of working within the utility sector
- Experience of working within the water sector